Hover Crafts!!! 02/12/17

This week we began to make our hover crafts. The making of the hover crafts is an eighth grade tradition and it has been going on since I can remember. Each year the eighth graders are given the task of creating the crafts without any instructions or hints other than what we observed from the several hover crafts that had been made in the past years. After we finish making them, we present them at the annual Science Expo held at our school on February 23, It’s really fun!!! Anyway, Shane (our science teacher) splits us up into groups of three, and then sends us on our way. My group had a great start. We had good measurements and soon finished the base. Our hover craft was doing great until we tried to blow it up. We had way too much pressure pushing at the plastic bubble ( the thing that makes the hover crafts hover) and the bottom cap kept blowing off. We began to add holes in the plastic to in able the air to ease out and not cause the pressure that is messing up the whole craft. Since that discovery we have been adding holes t the bubble, hoping that we could figure it out. Sadly we are still working on the pressure problem, but when we figure it out I’ll let you know!!! Talk to you next week…

-Mady